Slain professor’s son missingMarch 22nd, 2008 - 12:15 am ICT by admin
Bhopal, March 21 (IANS) The son of slain Ujjain Professor H.S. Sabharwal is untraceable and has not turned up at a city venue where he was holding a fast unto death to demand a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into his father’s death. Himanshu Sabharwal began his fast at the busy Roshanpura Square here on Tuesday. On Friday, he was taken to a hospital for a check up and after that he failed to turn up at the venue and could not be reached on the mobile either.
Additional Superintendent of Police G.K. Pathak told IANS: “He was taken to the government Hamidia Hospital for check up by the police when his condition deteriorated. The doctors wanted to admit him due to his poor health but he did not agree and went away.”
Several media persons tried to trace him till late in the evening but with no success.
Professor Sabharwal, the head of the political science department of Ujjain’s Madhav College, died on Aug 26, 2006, of lung and rib injuries after he was allegedly beaten up by Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) activists protesting the cancellation of election in the university.
- Supreme Court rejects Prof Sabharwal son's plea - Jan 04, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh college teacher roughed up by students dies - Mar 12, 2011
- Student leader accused of professor's murder found dead - Nov 20, 2011
- Prof Sabharwal son's aide killed in Delhi University - Jul 24, 2009
- ABVP flays report on assault against professor - Mar 22, 2011
- Himanshu Sabharwal's aid killed in Delhi - Jul 24, 2009
- Slain professor's son fights for justice in cyberspace - Jul 15, 2009
- Police question Himanshu Sabharwal again for aide's murder - Jul 25, 2009
- Students, teachers rally, demand justice for slain Sabharwal (Lead) - Jul 26, 2009
- 6 students accused of killing professor acquitted - Jul 13, 2009
- Prof Sabharwal son's aide found dead near Khalsa College (Lead) - Jul 24, 2009
- Rs.50,000 reward for clue to Sabharwal aide's murder (Lead) - Jul 25, 2009
- Prof Sabharwal son's aide found dead near Khalsa College (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2009
- Prof Sabharwal murder accused released from Nagpur jail - Jul 14, 2009
- Prof Sabharwal murder accused acquitted by Nagpur session court - Jul 13, 2009