Slain Patna youth’s father moves court for CBI probeApril 9th, 2009 - 8:17 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, April 9 (IANS) The father of Rahul Raj, the youth from Bihar shot dead by the police in Mumbai last year, filed a petition in the Patna High Court Thursday demanding a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) or an autonomous inquiry committee, following the clean chit given to the policemen involved.
K.P. Singh said he filed a petition in the court, seeking a CBI probe into his son’s killing after Mumbai Police’s crime branch Tuesday cleared the police officials involved in shooting.
Contending that Mumbai Police probe was in violation of the National Human Rights Commission guidelines, he said the investigation team should have sought the opinion of the family members and close relatives of the person facing any charge.
Singh said that he would challenge the inquiry report of Mumbai Police and would demand the formation of the autonomous inquiry committee. He said that he had also requested Mumbai Police to send a copy of the first information report (FIR) lodged in that case.
The police shot dead Raj, 25, Oct 27 after he allegedly attacked the conductor of a bus in Mumbai and fired at a passenger with his revolver. Before being shot dead, he had said that he wanted to kill Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray for inciting party workers to attack youths from Bihar who were in Mumbai for a railway recruitment examination.
The killing sparked a row between politicians of Maharashtra and Bihar with several parties demanding a judicial probe into the incident. Maharashtra Chief Secretary Johny Joseph is conducting an independent probe into the incident while Mumbai Police’s crime branch was conducting an internal enquiry into it.
- Rahul Raj's father to file petition in Supreme Court - Nov 14, 2008
- Chargesheet filed over Ranvir Sena chief murder - Aug 28, 2012
- Sketch of Dey's suspected killer released - Jun 14, 2011
- Rahul Raj's father to meet president for justice - Nov 10, 2008
- Slain Bihar youth's father to appeal to president for justice - Nov 08, 2008
- Bihar Opposition demands CBI probe into gangrape of minor - Aug 03, 2012
- Dey's murder: Court seeks status report from Mumbai Police - Jun 16, 2011
- Court admits plea for federal probe in July 13 Mumbai blasts - Oct 13, 2011
- Apex court to examine plea on terror accused - Aug 27, 2012
- CBI to probe rural health scheme in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Nov 15, 2011
- CBI asked to probe Bihar youth's death in Kerala - Aug 07, 2012
- Another arrest in Ranvir Sena chief murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Bihar youth's death: Friends to seek justice - Aug 09, 2012
- Dey murder: Court seeks police report July 6 (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Journalist's murder: Police gets more time for probe report - Jun 21, 2011