Sketches of three Ahmedabad bombing suspects releasedAugust 6th, 2008 - 10:41 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Aug 6 (IANS) Sketches of three people suspected to have been involved in the serial bombings in Ahmedabad last month were released by the police Wednesday. The sketches were prepared on the basis of eyewitness accounts and under the direction of joint commissioner of police (crime) Ashish Bhatia and deputy commissioner of police (crime) Abhay Chudasama.
The first sketch is of a man suspected to be related to the bomb blast near the Hanuman temple in Danilimda at the Narol circle at 6.15 p.m. on July 26.
The man who strapped the bomb to a cycle is aged between 45 to 50. Well built, of wheatish complexion and 5 feet 6 inches tall, the man is said to bald. He was wearing a lungi and a white shirt and had rubber slippers.
When a bomb went off at 6.15 p.m. near the Hatkeshwar circle opposite Tejinder complex at Ramol, the man who parked a cycle near a vegetable vendor had also argued with the vendor, the police said.
Eyewitnesses said the man was fat with thick neck, around 30 years old and 5 feet 7 inches tall. This dark-complexioned man had curly hair and sported a simple moustache. He was dressed in yellow shirt and light brown pants.
As for the blast at Raipur Chakla, two sketches of the suspect have been prepared on the basis of details provided by the cycle-shop owner from whom he had bought a cycle and another eyewitness. He is about 21 years, 5 feet 8 inches tall, has wheatish complexion, medium built, and he was wearing light coloured pant and shirt that day.
The crime branch of the Ahmedabad police has requested people to inform it immediately if they come across anyone resembling the sketches and the descriptions.
Ahmedabad was ripped apart by 21 bomb explosions within about 70 minutes that evening, killing 55 people and injuring at least 150.
- Sketch of Dey's suspected killer released - Jun 14, 2011
- Radhika Tanwar murder: Delhi Police releases sketch of suspect - Mar 09, 2011
- Sketches of three more Jaipur blast suspects released (Lead) - May 15, 2008
- CCTV footage released on Mumbai child kidnapper - Jul 06, 2012
- Mumbai police get cracking in journalist murder case - Jun 14, 2011
- Mumbai police chief denies his officer, Dey killing linked (Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- Chavan again says no to CBI probe into journalist's murder (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2011
- Sketches released of three more Jaipur blast suspects(Second Lead) - May 16, 2008
- US man wearing Darth Vader mask robs Long Island bank - Jul 23, 2010
- Taunted over dark-skinned bride, groom kills self - Jun 05, 2012
- Police to release third sketch of bomber - Sep 09, 2011
- Pune blasts: Sketches of suspects prepared, four detainees freed - Aug 03, 2012
- Maid kidnaps one-year-old in Delhi - Apr 25, 2011
- Delhi blast: Suspects' sketches released - Sep 07, 2011
- Amber Alert issued for abducted 4-year-old Naomi Primos - Mar 04, 2010