Six-year-old dies as school van overturnsAugust 5th, 2011 - 12:15 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 5 (IANS) A six-year-old student was killed and 10 children injured when their school van overturned in Uttar Pradesh Friday, police said.
The accident took place in Naraini area of Banda district when the speeding van belonging to a private school turned turtle, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Dharam Singh said.
“While six-year-old Sandeep Kumar died on the spot, 10 students of primary classes suffered multiple injuries…The condition of three is stated to be serious,” the DSP told reporters in Banda, some 200 km from here.
The driver suddenly applied brakes to avoid collision with another vehicle.
“It appears the driver was at fault…he was driving at a high speed,” the DSP added.
- One student killed, 10 hurt as van overturns - Oct 20, 2011
- Child killed as school bus overturns in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 31, 2010
- Ten students injured as van overturns - Mar 22, 2011
- Driver killed as school van falls into canal - Oct 09, 2010
- 18 school kids injured as bus overturns - Sep 12, 2011
- 12 students injured as school bus overturns - Jul 24, 2010
- Cyclist killed, 12 kids hurt as school bus overturns - Oct 05, 2010
- Eight school kids injured in accident - Mar 28, 2012
- 10 children hurt as tempo hits school van - Nov 22, 2010
- Two students killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 20, 2011
- 25 hurt as school bus overturns - Sep 29, 2011
- Lucky escape for 25 kids in school bus accident (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- 14 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 14, 2010
- Locals clash with police after minor's killing - Jul 29, 2011
- 20 cars damaged in chain collision - Nov 04, 2011