Six-year-old accidentally shoots younger sisterJuly 1st, 2008 - 2:27 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, July 1 (IANS) A six-year-old boy accidentally shot his three-year-old sister dead while they were playing with their father’s licensed gun at their home in Chhattisgarh’s Durg district, police said Tuesday. The tragic incident took place Monday evening in Borenda village in Durg, around 75 km from here.
“The boy Harsh pressed the trigger of a 12-bore loaded gun that he took out from a shelf while playing with his sister. He had no idea that the gun was real and loaded,” District Superintendent of Police Dipanshu Kabra told IANS.
The bullet hit his sister Khushi in the head and she died on the spot, he said.
Harsh and his sister were alone at home when the gun went off as their parents were away attending a religious function in the neighbourhood.
“We have registered a case under section 174 of the CrPC (criminal procedure code) and are investigating the matter. A post-mortem of the girl was carried out,” Kabra said.
“The gun was licensed and issued in the name of Harsh’s father, Jai Singh Thakur, a farmer. We think the unfortunate incident happened due to the parent’s negligence,” the officer said. “No arrest has been made so far,” he added.
- Omar speaks to Khurshid over custodial death - Oct 09, 2011
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for custody death (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for youth's custodial death - Feb 22, 2012
- No police complaint filed after Gurgaon boy's death - Jul 06, 2012
- Man held for burying alive wife, three others - Jan 22, 2012
- Gas leak fire kills three of family - Oct 22, 2011
- Eight-year-old boy sells gun to classmate for $3.50 - Apr 30, 2011
- Two Delhi businessman found dead in car - Oct 10, 2011
- Two cases of suicide in Gurgaon - May 02, 2012
- Father throws newborn girl into river in Chhattisgarh - Sep 18, 2009
- Youth arrested for murdering four family members - Aug 13, 2010
- Three injured after 6-year-old US boy fires accidentally - Apr 20, 2011
- Kidnapped from Ludhiana, 6-year-old recovered in Ambala - Jul 09, 2012
- Delhi university student commits suicide - Apr 28, 2012
- Driver arrested for sexually assaulting minor - Sep 07, 2012