Six UP cops booked for murdering colleagueMay 9th, 2012 - 4:48 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 9 (IANS) Six Uttar Pradesh policemen were Wednesday booked for the murder last year of a sub-inspector, police said.
According to police, the case is related to the death in May last year of sub-inspector Manoj Singh under mysterious circumstances in the Nagar Bazaar area of Basti, around 180 km from here.
Officials said a probe found the policemen guilty of conspiring to kill and of being actively involved in the murder of Singh.
The six policemen had earlier claimed that Singh died on May 29, 2011, when his service revolver accidentally fired while he was cleaning it.
Family members of Singh, however, had cried foul and had alleged that he was murdered in cold blood.
They had petitioned senior officials after which a departmental probe was ordered.
The investigation concluded recently and found that the six policemen posted in the Nagar Bazaar police station were behind Singh’s death.
Following this, the police filed a case of murder against the cops.
- 13 Delhi cops discharged in staged shootout case - May 24, 2012
- Cop suspended for stealing mobile phone (With Images) - Aug 19, 2012
- 3 policemen suspended for NRI chef's custodial death - Jan 25, 2011
- Dara Singh case: BJP leader named in charge sheet - Jun 03, 2011
- Men in khaki leave UP government red-faced - Jul 14, 2012
- Murder case against six Uttar Pradesh cops - Jul 30, 2010
- Rajasthan BJP leader accused in shoot-out case, denies charges (Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- Rajasthan BJP legislator to be tried for staged shootout - Apr 24, 2012
- Kanpur cop dies after being shot inside police station (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Murdered Uttar Pradesh girl's mother demands CBI probe - Jun 15, 2011
- Cop, three others held for senior's killing - Nov 09, 2011
- Four Rajasthan cops accused of staged gunfight surrender - Jul 26, 2011
- Staged shootout: Charges framed against Rajasthan IPS officer - May 01, 2012
- Warrant for arrest of senior Rajasthan cops - May 17, 2011
- Student killing: Four cops sent to judicial custody - Apr 28, 2011