Six trains cancelled due to Gujjar agitationMay 26th, 2008 - 4:39 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, May 26 (IANS) Western Railway Monday cancelled six trains and diverted three following the blockade of rail tracks in Rajasthan by Gujjars demanding Scheduled Tribe status for better job and educational opportunities. According to a Western Railway statement, the trains cancelled are: Mumbai Central-Nizamuddin August Kranti Express (2953), Ahmedabad-Nizamuddin Sampark Kranti Express (2917), Mumbai Central-Amritsar Golden Temple Mail (2903), Bandra Terminus-Gorakhpur Awadh Express (9039), Bandra Terminus-Dehradun Dehradun Express (9019) and Mumbai Central-Firozpur Janata Express (9023).
The trains diverted are: Mumbai Central-New Delhi Rajdhani Express (2951) diverted via Ratlam-Nagda-Ujjain-Bhopal, Bandra Terminus-Jammu Tawi Swaraj Express (2471) diverted via Nagda-Ujjain-Bhopal, and Bandra Terminus-Amritsar Paschim Express (2925) diverted via Nagda-Ujjain-Bhopal.
At least 37 people, including two policemen, have been killed in clashes between agitating Gujjars and security forces Friday and Saturday. Head of the Gujjar Sangharsh Aarakshan Samiti (Gujjar pro-reservation front) K.S. Bainsla and hundreds of his supporters have been holding a rail blockade in Bharatpur district of Rajasthan.
- Gujjar stir hits more trains - May 28, 2008
- Gujjar stir continues to affect rail traffic - May 28, 2008
- Western Railway cuts running time of 100 trains - Jun 28, 2012
- Dense fog envelops Delhi, flights, trains disrupted again - Dec 27, 2010
- Heavy showers disrupt Konkan rail traffic (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Centre issues guidelines over bandh call by Gujjars - May 28, 2008
- Gujjar protest in Rajasthan hits rail traffic - Dec 21, 2010
- Cold and drizzle in Delhi; fog affects flights, trains (Lead) - Dec 30, 2010
- Landslide blocks movement of Konkan Railway trains on west coast - Jul 27, 2010
- Temperature rises as clouds envelop Delhi (Lead) - Dec 30, 2010
- 147 trains cancelled in view of Telangana blockade (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Rains give respite from fog, but rail services affected (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- Konkan Railway cancels services again due to rains - Jul 26, 2010
- Frequency of 12 trains increased; 21 trains extended - Feb 24, 2010