Six students drown in Uttar PradeshMarch 29th, 2009 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 29 (IANS) Six students of an army school, who had come for a picnic, drowned Sunday when they were bathing in the Gomti river in Uttar Pradesh, the police said.
The mishap took place near the Korriya ghat in Sitapur district, 80 km from here, district police chief Pritendra Singh told IANS by telephone.
The students were from the Army Public School in Lucknow and were picnicking since Saturday. The police have recovered the bodies, Singh said.
The children were in the age group of 17-20 years. Most of them were Class 12 students.
- Four students drown in Ganga river - May 13, 2011
- Class 9 students held for killing schoolmate - Sep 02, 2011
- Three engineering students of BHU drown in Ganga - Sep 29, 2010
- Six drown in Orissa after Holi - Mar 20, 2011
- Two students killed as water tank bursts - Mar 31, 2011
- Three of family murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 19, 2011
- Five die in Ganges, 21 ghats 'unsafe' - Oct 27, 2011
- Two soldiers drown in swimming pool - Aug 13, 2010
- Four Uttar Pradesh cops suspended - Sep 30, 2011
- Three bodies found near Uttar Pradesh town - Sep 22, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Oct 25, 2010
- Four drown in Agra on Ganga Dashera - Jun 11, 2011
- Two killed as truck hits school van - Nov 05, 2011
- 'Boat in Ballia mishap being used illegally' - Jun 17, 2010
- 18 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Feb 09, 2010