Six prisoners escape from Rajasthan jailNovember 27th, 2011 - 10:57 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Nov 27 (IANS) Six prisoners escaped from a jail in Rajasthan during a fogging exercise to contain mosquitoes Sunday, police said. Four were re-arrested, while two are still on the run.
According to the police, the incident took place in Gangapur sub-jail in Bhilwara district, some 270 kilometers from Jaipur.
“The inmates were undertrials lodged in jail on various charges,” a police officer told.
He added that a team of health and medical department was undertaking a fogging exercise in the barracks around 5 p.m. when six of the prisoners pushed the security guards on the ground and ran away.
“Four of them were traced in a search in the forest area behind the jail building,” the officer said.
The jail department has ordered an enquiry into the mass escape.
“If negligence of jail officers is found, action will be taken against them,” said an officer of the state’s jail department.
- 14 undertrials escape from Rajasthan jail - Dec 09, 2011
- 10 prisoners escape from Rajasthan jail - Aug 20, 2012
- Escaped criminal recaptured in Rajasthan - Aug 22, 2012
- Two of 14 escaped prisoners nabbed - Dec 09, 2011
- Tihar undertrial alleges assault, sexual abuse - Jun 17, 2012
- Taliban storm Pakistani jail, free nearly 400 inmates (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Taliban attack Pakistani jail, nearly 400 escape - Apr 15, 2012
- Police probing escape of Bangladeshi undertrials - Aug 29, 2012
- Three escape in Uttar Pradesh jail break - Oct 28, 2011
- Murder accused flees Haryana jail, nabbed in Delhi - May 09, 2012
- Probe ordered against Punjab jail official - May 07, 2012
- Jailbreak through toilet in Goa; three escape (Lead) - Aug 04, 2010
- Prisoners beat up Rajasthan jailor - Mar 21, 2012
- Gunfire in Meerut jail as cops, inmates clash, 11 hurt (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Over 140 who fled Pakistan prison back in jail - Apr 22, 2012