Six planning to rob businessman heldMarch 27th, 2011 - 8:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 27 (IANS) Six men who planned to rob a businessman outside a bank in south Delhi have been arrested, police said Sunday. A pistol and five knives were recovered.
Nadeem (28), Noor Alam (24), Mohd. Ashif (25), Mohd. Nasim (27), Mohd Mukeem alias Don (26) and Sohaib (22) of Gautam Vihar, all residents of east Delhi, were arrested Saturday afternoon in Saket.
A man identified as Hussain had given them information about the businessman they were planning to target, police said.
“A source told us that a group of robbers had surveyed the area (near PVR Saket) a day in advance to identify the person and to decide the escape route after the crime,” a police official said.
A police team was deployed at the location. On specific identification, police arrested two people riding a motorcycle. On the basis of identification done by them, four others were arrested from Malviya Nagar Metro station around 12.30 p.m.
“A loaded pistol with cartridges and five knives carried by the criminals were recovered. A large-sized white kurta was also seized from them,” the official said.
The kurta was worn by one of them over his dress and the robbed articles were concealed in it while fleeing after the crime, the official said.
The gang members admitted committing four robberies in northeast Delhi area earlier. Three goods carriers and a container carrying sugar were robbed after they waylaid the drivers.
- British mission staffer's son, 6 others held for robbery - Jan 22, 2011
- Three of drug-and-rob gang held in Delhi - Jul 31, 2012
- Fake currency gang busted, three arrested - Mar 07, 2011
- Two car thieves held, eight vehicles recovered - Apr 23, 2011
- 10 arrested for Rs.3 crore Delhi robbery - Aug 07, 2011
- Six robbers planning V-Day celebrations held - Feb 11, 2011
- Five people who planned to rob petrol pump held - Jan 23, 2011
- Three dead in Delhi accident - Mar 13, 2012
- 10 luxury cars, 27 bikes recovered from vehicle thieves - Jun 16, 2011
- Five people arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 05, 2012
- Four held for robbery in Delhi - Jan 22, 2011
- Seven of bikers gang arrested - Feb 24, 2010
- Gang of train robbers busted, three arrested - Feb 14, 2011
- Budding engineers among seven held for robberies - Jan 05, 2011
- Three arrested for robbing, killing man - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: alam, businessman, delhi area, east delhi, escape route, gang members, gautam, kurta, metro station, nasim, police official, police team, pvr saket, robberies, robbers, saturday afternoon, six men, sohaib, south delhi, target