Six pilgrims killed in Uttar Pradesh road accidentOctober 14th, 2008 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 14 (IANS) A tourist bus, carrying pilgrims from West Bengal, rammed into a truck in Uttar Pradesh, killing six and injuring over 10 people, police said.”The accident took place Tuesday morning in the Dhakua town of Pratapgarh district, about 150 km from Lucknow,” district police chief Ajay Kumar told IANS over phone.
The injured are undergoing treatment in a hospital, he added. The bus, with about 60 aboard, was carrying pilgrims from the 24-Parganas district in West Bengal to Ajmer Sharif in Rajasthan.
According to eyewitnesses, the mishap took place as the bus driver lost control over the vehicle and rammed into a truck parked by the roadside.
- 16 die in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 19, 2012
- 16 die in Uttar Pradesh bus tragedy (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Three cops killed as truck rams into police station - Jun 16, 2012
- 18 school kids injured as bus overturns - Sep 12, 2011
- CPI-M supporter dies in Bengal road accident - Feb 14, 2011
- 11-year-old killed in school bus accident - Mar 14, 2012
- Boat capsizes in West Bengal, two missing - Jan 19, 2011
- 13 killed in Uttar Pradesh bus accident (Lead) - Jan 15, 2011
- 30 students injured as school bus rams into tree - Aug 07, 2010
- Runaway tyre kills two minor sisters - Jan 21, 2011
- Seven killed in two Bengal road accidents - May 28, 2012
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishaps - May 03, 2012
- 10 killed in Uttar Pradesh bus accident - Jan 15, 2011
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011