Six of family killed in UPMay 28th, 2012 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 28 (IANS) Six members of a family were hacked to death Monday by unidentified people allegedly over a property dispute in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
The assailants attacked Suresh Yadav, 50, wife Vimla, 46, son Avneesh, 24, and daughters Rashmi, 22, Surabhi, 20, and Shweta, 18, with sharp-edged weapons when they were asleep.
The incident occurred in Pilkhar village in Etawah district, about 235 km from here, Etawah Senior Superintendent of Police Modak Rajesh D. Rao told IANS.
Police suspect that personal animosity and a property dispute could be behind the gruesome killings.
- Three TDP workers hacked to death in Anantapur - Sep 15, 2011
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Two brothers hacked to death by sibling - Jan 28, 2011
- Two TDP leaders hacked to death - Jul 24, 2010
- Woman doctor, priest get life for judge's murder - Mar 30, 2012
- Three of family murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 19, 2011
- TRS leader hacked to death - Mar 27, 2011
- Woman, three grand children slaughtered in Rajasthan - Apr 16, 2012
- Congress leader killed in Chhattisgarh - Jun 15, 2010
- Four of a family murdered in Indore - Apr 11, 2010
- Speeding truck mows down 15 in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 22, 2012
- Vice principal shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 15, 2010
- Widow, teenaged sons found murdered in Haryana - Jul 11, 2011
- Lawyer attacked outside Chandigarh court premises - Feb 15, 2011
- Three of Dalit family killed in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 27, 2010