Six of family in Agra killed in property disputeMay 9th, 2012 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, MAY 9 (IANS) In what is believed to be a case of property dispute, six members of a family were early Wednesday found axed to death in Turkia village of Achnera, 25 km from Agra city, police said.
Since no one from the house came out in the morning, neighbours broke open the gate only to find Satya Bhan, 35, Pushpa, 30, their three children and Satya Bhan’s mother lying in pools of blood on the floor.
All six had been axed to death.
Police sources said the condition of the bodies indicated that the murders had been committed 18 to 20 hours earlier.
Villagers said the family was involved in a dispute over six bighas of land. One bigha is about 2,500 sq metres.
Senior police officials have reached Achnera to guide investigations.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem to the S.N. Medical College in Agra.
- Villagers kill three in Jharkhand for practising 'black magic' - Jun 23, 2012
- Gas leak fire kills three of family - Oct 22, 2011
- Two Maoists among six killed in Jharkhand - Dec 08, 2011
- Woman jumps to death from Noida flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Market complex owner, guard murdered - Aug 01, 2011
- Newly-wed couple in Agra found dead in bathroom - Mar 09, 2012
- Nude mutilated body found on rail track - Mar 03, 2011
- Delhi woman pushed by brothers from first floor, dies - Mar 30, 2012
- Tiger mauls woman to death - Feb 17, 2012
- Unidentified bodies to be treated decently in Agra - Jan 14, 2011
- Family of three commits suicide in Maharashtra - May 18, 2010
- Five of family found dead in Kolkata fire - Apr 16, 2012
- Man killed, beheaded in Ranchi - Sep 11, 2012
- Defence ministry official killed wife after fight over childless state? - Apr 03, 2012
- Tourist dies of heat-stroke at Taj Mahal - Jul 02, 2012