Six of a family commit suicide in Uttar PradeshMay 15th, 2008 - 9:24 pm ICT by admin
Hardoi (Uttar Pradesh) , May 15 (IANS) Six members of a family committed suicide here Thursday by consuming a poisonous substance. Upendra Singh, who was debt-ridden, gave sulphas to his wife and four children, including two girls, and then himself consumed the poison, the police said. Hardoi is 120 km from the state capital city of Lucknow.
“Penury drove him to take the extreme step. As he was not able to return his bank loan, he committed suicide with his family,” a police official said.
Singh, a resident of Azadnagar locality, had failed in his business of supplying construction material.
- Four of family commit suicide in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 19, 2011
- Farmer critical after attempting suicide at Chavan's rally - Dec 04, 2011
- Debt-ridden farmer commits suicide - Dec 29, 2010
- Farmer commits suicide over crop failure - Mar 10, 2010
- Bank manager commits suicide in Punjab court - May 27, 2011
- Man kills children before attempting suicide - Feb 12, 2011
- Debt-ridden Orissa farmer commits suicide - Aug 23, 2010
- Delhi property dealer attempts suicide - May 02, 2012
- Chandigarh woman, daughter commit suicide - Jul 24, 2011
- Taunted over dark-skinned bride, groom kills self - Jun 05, 2012
- Senior UP official commits suicide - May 12, 2012
- Man poisons wife, daughters, hangs himself - Sep 21, 2010
- Three members of family commit suicide - Mar 20, 2010
- Pregnant woman kills self, two children - Aug 20, 2010
- Engineers' confederation threatens to go on strike - Mar 23, 2011