Six more babies die in Bengal hospitalNovember 10th, 2011 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 10 (IANS) Underlining yet again the poor health infrastructure in West Bengal’s government hospitals, six babies have died in a Malda district hospital, officials said Thursday.
“Since yesterday (Wednesday) morning, six babies have died. All of them were underweight. They were brought to the hospital in a very critical condition,” H. Ari, superintendent of Malda Sadar Hospital, told IANS.
However, Ari admitted that the hospital lacks a neo-natal unit and assured that a specialised infant unit will come up very soon in the hospital.
Between Oct 25 and 28, 16 babies died at the B.C. Roy Children’s Hospital - the only children’s referral hospital in Kolkata. The Burdwan Medical College and Hospital reported 12 infant deaths Oct 27-28.
Earlier in June, 18 babies had died at the B.C. Roy Children’s Hospital.
Banerjee had then ordered a probe into the matter but later gave a clean chit to the authorities.
- Four babies die in Bengal hospital - Dec 29, 2011
- Four more babies die in Bengal hospital - Nov 14, 2011
- Seven more crib deaths in West Bengal - Jan 19, 2012
- 100 crib deaths in Bengal since Jan 1 (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Five more crib deaths in Bengal - Jan 27, 2012
- Bengal reports more crib deaths, seven dead in 24 hours - Jan 18, 2012
- Address Bengal baby deaths urgently: Pranab - Nov 11, 2011
- Bengal needs to improve hospital facilities, says governor - Jan 23, 2012
- Baby allegedly dies after mother cleaned with acid - Nov 02, 2011
- "Bengal needs to check children's deaths, malnutrition" - Feb 29, 2012
- Bengal hospital gives cat-bite jab to child instead of mother - Feb 07, 2012
- 16 more infants die in Bengal, toll rises to 28 - Oct 28, 2011
- Mamata dismisses farmer suicide reports as 'malicious campaign' - Jan 31, 2012
- Nothing abnormal about Bengal crib deaths: Central minister - Oct 29, 2011
- New-born baby boy found abandoned in Gurgaon - May 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,