Six minors sustain burn injuries in ChandigarhMarch 18th, 2009 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 18 (IANS) Six children, in the age group of three to six, sustained burn injuries Wednesday when they ignited a chemical substance while playing near their home in a Chandigarh village, the police said.
The children, who live in a slum rehabilitation colony at village Mauli Jagran, while playing with paint thinner ignited it.
“Family members of one of the injured are in the business of white-washing. A can of thinner was lying in the home and the children started throwing it on each other,” Kehar Singh, investigating officer, told IANS.
One of the kids ignited a match stick and the chemical immediately caught fire, Singh said.
Their parents were not at home at the time of the incident.
“The condition of two children is stable and they are admitted in a government hospital,” said Singh.
- The fading colours of a Diwali tradition - Oct 23, 2011
- Youths assault Chandigarh cops, one held - May 18, 2010
- Bottled correction fluid sale banned to check abuse - Sep 19, 2012
- Vehicles mysteriously set afire outside Chandigarh slum - Nov 25, 2009
- Eight Chandigarh cops thrashed by mob - Jun 01, 2010
- Mapping 300 years of Indian landscape art with 385 art works (With Images) - Aug 09, 2012
- Scrap dealer shot dead in busy Chandigarh market - Jul 19, 2011
- Delhi government questioned on school kids using intoxicants - Mar 23, 2011
- 200 kids fall sick playing Holi in Mumbai - Mar 08, 2012
- 'Holy Grail' of science, world's first practical 'artificial leaf' unveiled - Mar 28, 2011
- Bonfires, celebrations mark Lohri across north India - Jan 14, 2012
- Nukkad nataks, songs to help Delhi schools tackle sniffing intoxicants - May 19, 2011
- Living atop a tree, he campaigns for the environment (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- 'Condition of Delhi's street children hasn't improved' - May 26, 2012
- Spruce up before Games, Delhi told - Aug 24, 2010