Six killed in Uttar Pradesh warehouse collapseDecember 24th, 2009 - 3:07 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 24 (IANS) At least six people were killed and 12 injured critically when a warehouse of the forest department in Uttar Pradesh’s Jyotiba Phule Nagar district collapsed after a truck rammed into it Thursday morning, police said.
The deceased died after getting buried under the debris of the warehouse in Gajraula town, some 300 km from here.
“The mishap took place this (Thursday) morning. Those killed and injured in the accident were riding on the truck that lost its control and rammed into the store,” police inspector Om Prakash Rana told reporters in Jyotiba Phule Nagar district.
“By the time we reached the accident site, six people had already died. However, in the rescue operations, we managed to take out 12 injured people. No one is now trapped under the debris,” he added.
The injured were being treated at the Moradabad district hospital.
Police have launched a search operation to nab the driver of the truck, who fled from the site following the accident.
All the people in the truck were from Moradabad district in Uttar Pradesh. They were returning from an animal fair in Haryana.
- Four of family killed in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 04, 2010
- 15 dead in Uttar Pradesh road mishap - Jun 25, 2012
- Three die after consuming illicit liquor - Apr 06, 2011
- Police honour man for saving 600 lives on highway - Feb 20, 2011
- Six of family killed in accident - Oct 13, 2011
- Nine die as trucks collide in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 15, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Dec 23, 2010
- Protesters in UP torch vehicles, attack police - Jul 16, 2012
- Six killed as bus rams into truck - Sep 13, 2010
- Five killed in road accident in Kanpur - Jul 25, 2012
- 10 killed in Gurgaon road accident (Lead) - Nov 16, 2011
- Six die in car crash near Mathura - Apr 09, 2012
- Six killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Aug 30, 2010
- Five of family killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Feb 11, 2011
- Eight killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 21, 2011