Six killed in Maharashtra road accidentMarch 16th, 2008 - 7:27 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 16 (IANS) Six people, including an infant, were killed Sunday when the car in which they were travelling collided with a truck at a village in Maharashtra. “All the passengers in the Omni (car) were killed,” K. M. Prajapati, assistant police inspector, told IANS.
The accident happened around 1.20 p.m. when they were travelling from Malkapur to Buldhana, around 500 km from Mumbai.
According to Prajapati, the driver of the car was about to park the vehicle as he felt the tyre had punctured. “While parking, he lost control and a truck came from the opposite direction and hit the vehicle,” the officer said.
The police have identified five of the victims - Gajanan Sakharam Dhasarkar (30), Vasant Sambian Ingle (40), Dheeraj Singh Anand Singh Chauhan (35), Gayatri Chauhan (30) and Gowri (six months).
While Dhasarkar, the driver, and Ingle were residents of Buldhana, the Singhs were from Chikhali.
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Three killed in accident - Mar 10, 2011
- Four dead in freak multi-vehicle accident (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012
- Yuvraj's bag robbed from car - May 28, 2011
- 7 killed, 20 injured in Assam road mishaps - Apr 16, 2012
- Three killed in Maharashtra accident - Dec 14, 2011
- Three men abduct driver, rob car in Delhi - May 29, 2012
- RSS leader booked for rape attempt - Mar 14, 2011
- Four killed in Punjab road accident - Sep 17, 2010
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Seven killed in Rajasthan road accident - May 06, 2012
- Five killed in Istanbul accident - Oct 22, 2011
- Himachal-Haryana bypass opens for motorists - Apr 06, 2012
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012