Six killed in Maharashtra accidentMay 28th, 2008 - 8:01 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 28 (IANS) Two people from Gujarat are among six killed Wednesday when a truck laden with coal collided with a state transport bus in Washim in Maharashtra, the police said. According to an official at the district police control room, the mishap happened around 8 a.m. near Medshi village on the Washim-Malegaon state highway, 600 km east of Mumbai.
“One of the tyres of the truck burst and it collided with an oncoming bus, going from Shegaon to Parbhani,” said a police official. The truck was going from Chandrapur to Madhya Pradesh with a coal consignment.
Among the dead bus passengers are 50-year-old Wanamana Rabari of Bhadoi village and 35-year-old Natha Sajan Rabari of Wadsambani village, both from Gujarat’s Bhuj district, 50-year-old Kusum Sudama Jadhav from Akola and 17-year-old Vicky Ramdas Keshwani from Washim.
The driver and cleaner of the truck, who were killed, have not been identified yet. Several injured passengers have been taken to hospitals in Medshi and Malegaon.
- Bus collision in Java, Indonesia kills 9 - May 23, 2011
- Schoolgirl, two others killed in bus accident - Mar 05, 2012
- Six dead, eight injured in Gujarat accident - Feb 09, 2011
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- 15 killed in Kazakh accident - Aug 20, 2012
- 26 killed in Brazil Carnival road accident - Mar 06, 2011
- 34 killed in Zambian road accident - Jul 28, 2011
- 11-year-old killed in school bus accident - Mar 14, 2012
- Eight killed, 20 injured in Orissa accident (Lead) - Apr 09, 2010
- Three killed in Thane road accident - Jul 31, 2010
- China punishes 16 officials for school bus accident - Aug 02, 2012
- 10 killed in Orissa road accident - Nov 03, 2011
- Women Kabaddi team's bus catches fire, two die - Nov 17, 2011
- 16 die in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 19, 2012
- 22 die in Brazil road accident - Mar 05, 2011