Six killed in Madhya Pradesh accidentFebruary 11th, 2009 - 6:02 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Feb 11 (IANS) At least six people were killed and 25 injured when the bus they were travelling in fell into a ditch in Madhya Pradesh’s Sagar district, the police said Wednesday.
The bus, carrying over 40 passengers, was plying between the holy town of Ujjain and Sidhi Tuesday night when the driver swerved to avoid a collision with a jeep coming from the opposite direction. The driver lost control of the vehicle and the bus fell into a ditch, a police official from the Sagar control room told IANS over telephone.
Of the six dead in the accident, three belonged to Sidhi and three were from Uttar Pradesh’s Sonbhadra district.
The army was called for rescue operations and the injured were admitted to Sidhi district hospital.
A case has been registered and investigations are underway, the police official said.
- Three school children among five killed in accident - Dec 25, 2011
- Eight dead as vehicle slams into bus in UP - Apr 21, 2012
- 22 injured as bus overturns in Madhya Pradesh - May 09, 2010
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Three killed, five injured as bus ploughs into shelter (Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Seven electrocuted to death in Jharkhand - Apr 13, 2012
- 16 teens die in Bolivia bus accident - Jun 08, 2012
- Three killed as bus ploughs into shelter - Nov 01, 2010
- 10 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 24, 2011
- Nine killed as police bus hits jeep in Jharkhand - Jun 02, 2010
- 21 dead, 41 rescued in Madhya Pradesh bus accident (Lead) - Sep 09, 2010
- Six killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 29, 2010
- Eight drown in Maharashtra - Dec 16, 2010
- 18 dead, 30 missing in Madhya Pradesh bus accident - Sep 09, 2010
- Woman killed, 30 devotees injured in accident - Sep 11, 2010