Six killed in lightining in TripuraJune 4th, 2008 - 6:44 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, June 4 (IANS) Six people, including a woman, were killed when lighting struck them in Tripura, officials said Wednesday. A couple and two farmers died and three others suffered burn injuries when lightning struck them in southern and northern Tripura late Tuesday, an official said.
The injured, including a child, were in critical condition.
Two other people, including a local leader of the ruling Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M), were also killed late Tuesday when they were electrocuted at Chailengta, 180 km north of here.
Lightning and thunder, accompanied by high velocity winds, lashed Tripura during the past two days, damaging standing crops and uprooting electric poles and telephone lines.
- Storm kills three, damages many houses in Tripura - Apr 08, 2012
- Squalls, hailstorm kill seven in Tripura - Apr 10, 2012
- Lightning kills five in Tripura - Apr 29, 2010
- Three killed in Tripura rainstorm - Apr 29, 2012
- Hailstorm damages houses, crops in northeast India - Mar 30, 2010
- Four killed in lightning in Tripura - Apr 01, 2009
- One killed, 175 injured as tornado hits Tripura - May 01, 2012
- Storm kills four, damages many houses in Tripura - Jun 04, 2010
- Cyclonic storm kills seven, damages 16,000 houses - Apr 01, 2010
- Cyclonic storm kills three, damages 1,000 houses in Tripura - May 17, 2010
- Nine killed, 200 injured in dust storm in UP - Apr 12, 2012
- Cyclonic storm kills four in Tripura - Apr 22, 2010
- Three killed in Tripura cyclone - May 03, 2012
- Woman killed as lightning strikes UP village - Aug 31, 2012
- Six die as rains lash Pakistan province - Sep 02, 2011