Six killed in Haryana jeep-tanker collisionJanuary 3rd, 2012 - 12:29 pm ICT by IANS
Sonipat (Haryana), Jan 3 (IANS) At least six people were killed and 13 injured when a speeding jeep collided with an oil tanker on the Sonipat-Rohtak road Tuesday morning, police said.
The injured were rushed to a hospital in Sonipat.
A police official told IANS here that the accident took place near Gohana township, 20 km from here.
The injured passengers told police that the jeep that they were travelling in was a taxi that had been overloaded by the driver.
“Our preliminary enquiry has revealed that the driver of the ill-fated jeep was racing with another jeep-taxi to pick up more passengers and his speeding vehicle collided with an oil tanker coming from the opposite side,” the police official said.
Visibility was low due to foggy conditions, he added.
- Afghanistan: At least 53 killed after bus crashes head-on with tanker in Ghazni - Sep 17, 2012
- NATO oil tanker crashes into van in Afghanistan, killing 7 - Apr 07, 2012
- 32 die in Pakistan road accident (Lead) - Jan 23, 2011
- Four killed in Kashmir highway accident - Jun 04, 2012
- 12 killed in Pakistan road crash - Jan 23, 2011
- Eight dead as vehicle slams into bus in UP - Apr 21, 2012
- Seven killed in Himachal road accident - Apr 17, 2012
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 14, 2011
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
- Eight killed in Haryana accident - Aug 26, 2012
- 12 die in Argentina vehicle collision - Apr 18, 2011
- Seven killed in collision - Mar 28, 2011
- Five killed in road accident - Jul 24, 2010
- Nine-year-old crushed to death - Jul 23, 2011
- 3 killed in Haryana as car crashes into truck in fog - Jan 11, 2011