Six killed in Agra accidentJune 21st, 2009 - 9:11 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, June 21 (IANS) Six employees of a shoe factory here were killed and at least 12 others injured early Sunday when the stationary bus they were in was hit by a speeding car transport carrier, police said.
The employees were returning home from the factory after their night shift when the accident occurred, police added.
The accident occurred just outside the factory gate on Mathura road on the Agra-Delhi highway. The bus was packed with about 40 people and some more employees were expected, when a speeding car transport carrier hit the bus, police said.
Six people died in the accident and at least 12 others sustained injuries, of which the condition of two was said to be critical, police added.
Family members of the victims gathered at the factory gate and demanded compensation from the government and the factory owners.
District authorities have announced an immediate compensation of Rs.20,000 to the families of each of those killed.
- Six die in car crash near Mathura - Apr 09, 2012
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Five killed in Rajasthan accident - Apr 05, 2012
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Third lead) - May 28, 2012
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Three students killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Dec 12, 2010
- Six killed in UP road accident - Aug 27, 2012
- 23 killed as tempo rams into mini-buses (Second Lead) - May 28, 2012
- 27 killed, 29 injured in Maharashtra accident (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Lucky escape for 25 kids in school bus accident (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Seven killed in two Bengal road accidents - May 28, 2012
- Two die in Yamuna Expressway accident - Aug 31, 2012
- Four Tripura tourists killed in Mathura road accident - Dec 27, 2010