Six killed as trailer rams autorickshaw in BengalJuly 9th, 2010 - 3:58 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 9 (IANS) Six people were killed and two others injured when an autorickshaw collided head-on with a speeding trailer near Raiganj in West Bengal’s North Dinajpur district Friday, police said.
Superintendent of Police Milan Kanti Das told IANS that five people, including a woman, died on the spot in the early hours of the day.
“One person succumbed to his injuries on way to the hospital. The condition of the other two is critical,” the police officer said.
“All the victims were residents of Mirual village and returning home after attending a marriage at Timidigha. They started late Thursday night and their vehicle collided with the trailer early Friday morning on the national highway 34,” he said.
The impact of the collision was so severe that the autorickshaw was thrown off the road and got mangled, police said.
The driver of the trailer escaped from the accident spot with the vehicle.
- 18 devotees killed in Punjab accident (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- 18 killed in West Bengal accidents (Lead) - Jul 09, 2010
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- Five killed in Nepal road accident - Apr 07, 2012
- 7 killed, 16 injured in Bengal accident - Jun 09, 2012
- Deaf-mute athlete raped in Bengal, attacker arrested - Jun 26, 2012
- Twelve members of marriage party killed in West Bengal - Jul 09, 2010
- Six dead in Bengal road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- 11 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 19, 2010
- Four killed, 10 injured as trucks collide - Jan 11, 2011
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - May 28, 2011
- Eight killed in West Bengal road mishap - Sep 05, 2010
- Four killed in Rajasthan bus accident - Apr 28, 2012