Six killed as bus rolls down 500 ft in JammuSeptember 29th, 2008 - 11:54 am ICT by IANS
Jammu, Sep 29 (IANS) At least six people were killed and over 20 injured when the bus they were travelling in skidded off a mountain road in Jammu and Kashmir’s Doda district Monday morning, police said.The bus, with 30 passengers on board, was on its way from Bhaderwah in Doda to Jammu, about 200 km away. It had gone about 20 km when it slipped off the road and rolled down 500 feet to the Neeru stream, an official said.
Police were being helped by locals in rescue operations.
Jammu region’s mountain roads are notorious for accidents. Overloading, poor maintenance of vehicles and bad roads are some of the causes for the large number of accidents in the area.
- 8 killed as bus falls into gorge in Jammu - Aug 21, 2012
- 9 killed in two road accidents in Jammu region - Mar 24, 2012
- 10 killed, 20 injured in Jammu and Kashmir accident - Mar 15, 2011
- Two killed, 30 injured in Kashmir road accident - Jan 02, 2011
- 20 feared dead in bus mishap - Feb 10, 2012
- Three killed, 35 injured in Jammu road accident - Jan 15, 2010
- 20 killed in Kashmir accident (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- 30 missing after vehicle falls into river - Nov 05, 2011
- 35 injured in bus accident in Rajouri - Jul 25, 2012
- Four killed, 51 injured in Doda bus accident - Jan 15, 2010
- Five killed in Jammu bus accident - Jun 09, 2012
- 25 killed, 17 injured in Jammu and Kashmir accident - Feb 25, 2009
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu accident - Jul 15, 2012
- 20 die as bus fall into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- IAF rescues 11 injured in Kashmir accident - Dec 01, 2010