Six killed as bus collides with truckJanuary 19th, 2012 - 12:05 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Jan 19 (IANS) At least six people, including four women, were killed and about 30 injured when a tourist bus collided head-on with a truck in Odisha’s Balasore district early Thursday, police said.
The accident took place on National Highway 5 at Soro, about 175 km from the state capital Bhubaneswar, when thick fog had reduced visibility, police officer S. Pradhan told IANS.
The passengers were on their way to home in Gonda district of Uttar Pradesh after visiting the temple town of Puri. Those died include five pilgrims and the driver of the truck, police said. The tourist bus was carrying about 60 passengers.
Four of the injured are said to be in a critical condition.
- Eight tourists killed in Orissa road accident - Oct 09, 2011
- Bus accident kills five in Jharkhand - Jan 16, 2012
- Six killed in Orissa road accident - Oct 12, 2011
- Four killed, 10 injured as trucks collide - Jan 11, 2011
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- 10 killed in Orissa road accident - Nov 03, 2011
- Haryana Police advises slow driving during fog - Dec 28, 2010
- 16 die in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 19, 2012
- Nine killed in China bus-truck collision - Dec 10, 2011
- Four Tripura tourists killed in Mathura road accident - Dec 27, 2010
- Afghanistan: At least 53 killed after bus crashes head-on with tanker in Ghazni - Sep 17, 2012
- Nine killed in bus-truck collision in Assam - Jun 13, 2010
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- Seven killed in Chhattisgarh road accident - Apr 30, 2010
- 15 killed as tempo-bus collide in Karnataka (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011