Six Khairlanji Dalit murder convicts sentenced to deathSeptember 24th, 2008 - 2:36 pm ICT by IANS
Bhandara (Maharashtra), Sep 24 (IANS) A court Wednesday sentenced to death six of the eight people convicted of killing four members of a Dalit family in Maharashtra’s Khairlanji village. Two were given life imprisonment.On Sep 20, eight people were convicted of killing four Dalits in Khairlanji village of Maharashtra.
The first ad-hoc sessions judge, S.S. Dass, who Monday convicted eight of the 11 accused in the case for murder of four members of a family in Khairlanji of Bhandara district, had heard that day the arguments of prosecution and defence on the quantum of punishment and had fixed Sep 24 for his pronouncement.
Special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam had made a forceful plea for capital punishment to all the convicts who killed the wife and three children of Bhaiyyalal Bhotmange, a farmer, Sep 29, 2006. Defence lawyers Sudip Jaiswal and Neeraj Khandewale pleaded for leniency in view of the act committed in the heat of the moment and clean past record of the convicts.
- Dalit killings: Sentencing for Khairlanji convicts Sep 24 - Sep 20, 2008
- Decision on Khairlanji massacre convicts' appeals Tuesday - Jun 14, 2010
- Six Khairlanji murder accused to hang, lifer for two (Lead) - Sep 24, 2008
- Six Khairlanji murder accused to hang, life for two (Lead) - Sep 24, 2008
- Death sentences commuted for six in Khairlanji massacre case (Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- Six men to hang for Khairlanji massacre, victims' kin hails verdict (Second Lead) - Sep 24, 2008
- Death sentences commuted for six in Khairlanji massacre (Roundup) - Jul 14, 2010
- High court adjourns judgment in Khairlanji massacre case - Jun 15, 2010
- Quantum of punishment in Khairlanji massacre case today - Sep 24, 2008
- Death sentence commuted to life for six in Khairlanji masscare case - Jul 14, 2010
- Death penalty converted to life imprisonment in Khairlanji murder case - Jul 14, 2010
- Six gets death, two life terms in Khairlanji massacre case - Sep 24, 2008
- Khairlanji case hearing to begin today - Aug 24, 2009
- Khairlanji massacre verdict: 8 accused held guilty, 3 acquitted - Sep 15, 2008
- Khairlanji case hearing to begin on August 24 - Jul 03, 2009