Six injured in Rajasthan jail clashJanuary 19th, 2012 - 1:14 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Jan 18 (IANS) At least six prisoners were injured in a clash between two groups of prisoners in a jail in Rajasthan’s Dholpur Wednesday, police said.
Officials said that the clash happened between the two groups to assert supremacy in the jail where a major chunk of prisoners are dacoits from the Chambal area.
According to police, the clash took place at the district jail in Dholpur, some 200 km from Jaipur.
“A large number of prisoners here are dacoits from Chambal ravines. Two groups of prisoners headed by Kaidar Gujjar and Mukesh Thakur started a fight, some of them using sticks and stones to prove supremacy of each one in the jail,” a police officer told IANS.
He added that at least six prisoners including Kaidar Gujjar, Rambhajan and Ramswaroop were injured. “They are undergoing treatment at the jail hospital,” said the officer.
The jail administration used batons to control the prisoners, who were forced into their barracks after the clash.
“Some of the prisoners have alleged that the jail administration was taking side of a particular group of prisoners. Investigation into these allegations is going on,” said the officer.
- Dreaded Chambal dacoit killed in shootout - Mar 05, 2012
- Two women killed, many injured in firing in Bharatpur - Jul 01, 2012
- Prisoners beat up Rajasthan jailor - Mar 21, 2012
- Bear mauls two men to death - Mar 06, 2012
- Jail riot in UP leaves one dead, dozen injured - Mar 11, 2012
- Two of 14 escaped prisoners nabbed - Dec 09, 2011
- 14 undertrials escape from Rajasthan jail - Dec 09, 2011
- 10 prisoners escape from Rajasthan jail - Aug 20, 2012
- Five prisoners break free in Pakistan - Aug 01, 2012
- CBI quizzes two Rajasthan legislators on Bharatpur riots - Aug 04, 2012
- Two Tamil Nadu businessmen held captive near Agra? - Jan 13, 2011
- Escaped criminal recaptured in Rajasthan - Aug 22, 2012
- Official, six policemen injured in Rajasthan communal clash - Feb 26, 2012
- Bharatpur clash toll rises to seven - Sep 16, 2011
- Woman rescued from human trafficking gang in Rajasthan - Jul 31, 2012