Six injured in Mumbai train collision (Second Lead)June 17th, 2012 - 12:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 17 (IANS) At least six passengers were injured, three seriously, when two suburban trains collided here overnight, triggering a mini riot, officials said Sunday.
The Churchgate-Borivli and the Virar-Churchgate trains collided near one of the platforms of Andheri railway station.
The incident disrupted rail services, stranding hundreds of commuters. Preliminary reports indicate the accident occurred due to signal or track failure.
A large crowd of commuters later stoned railway property, forcing security forces to evict them from the trains and platforms.
- Two Mumbai local trains collide, no casualties (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Minor collision between two Mumbai trains, no casualties - Jun 17, 2012
- Mumbai commuters hit by twin transport strike - Aug 18, 2011
- Mumbai elevated rail corridor may become a reality - Mar 14, 2012
- Six killed in Maharashtra downpour (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- Mumbai local train motormen call off strike (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Maharashtra presents long 'wish-list' to railway minister - Mar 02, 2012
- Mumbai suburban train disruption triggers violence - Sep 01, 2009
- Heavy rains continue in Maharashtra - Sep 04, 2012
- Local train rams into another in Mumbai, one injured - Aug 09, 2009
- Mumbai trains see few passengers - Jul 05, 2010
- Torrential rains in Maharashtra - Sep 03, 2012
- Heavy rains lash Mumbai, disrupt traffic (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Rains bring cheers and woes to Mumbai - Jul 08, 2011
- Central Railway fire halts Mumbai (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012