Six injured in Manipur blast (Lead)December 14th, 2011 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
Imphal, Dec 14 (IANS) At least six people were injured Wednesday when a powerful explosion rocked a government office in this Manipur capital — nearly half an hour after a tip-off following which the building was almost evacuated, police said.
A police spokesperson said the blast took place at the second floor of the state Public Works Department (PWD) office around 1.30 p.m.
“There was information that a bomb was planted inside the office and hence over 95 percent of the employees were evacuated. A bomb disposal squad also arrived at the site but the bomb went off injuring six people,” the police officer said.
The injured, including a woman, were shifted to a local hospital with multiple injuries.
No militant group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
“Investigations are on to find who was responsible for the attack and how they managed to plant the explosives inside the building,” the officer said.
- Powerful grenade found in Manipur secretariat - Sep 12, 2012
- Two security personnel injured in Imphal blast - Sep 05, 2012
- Blast in Imphal, two injured - Sep 09, 2012
- Trooper killed, 10 injured in Manipur blast - Sep 09, 2012
- 1 killed, 15 injured in south Kashmir blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- 130 landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Aug 04, 2012
- Blast in Imphal, two troopers injured (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Three cops, 3 rebels killed in Peshawar suicide attack (Second Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Four serial blasts in Manipur, two injured (Lead) - Aug 15, 2012
- Blast in Imphal, one killed - Nov 30, 2011
- Blast near government office in Imphal - Sep 14, 2012
- Bomb blast in northeastern India kills 5 - Aug 01, 2011
- Bomb scare in Lahore - Aug 13, 2011
- Four killed, over 50 wounded in Pakistan bombing (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Five killed, 20 injured in Manipur blast (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011