Six injured in clashes in KolkataJuly 22nd, 2008 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 22(IANS) Six people, including five policemen, were injured Tuesday in a clash between two rival groups in the western part of this city, the police said. “Five policemen - additional officer-in-charge of Watgunge police station, two sub-inspectors and two constables - were injured in a clash between two groups in Watgunge area Tuesday,” Deputy Commissioner (Headquarters) Vinet K. Goyal told reporters here.
He said one of the agitators Amit Kumar Das suffered bullet injuries, though it is not clear whether he was shot by policemen.
“Eight people have been arrested so far and fifty people have been held for interrogation.”
“There were three rounds of firing in air. Rapid Action Force (RAF) personnel were called in to control the situation,” Goyal added.
- Encounter with Maoists in Jharkhand ends - Sep 10, 2010
- 50 held for Uttar Pradesh communal clash - Aug 10, 2011
- Over 20 injured in Bengal clash over INTUC leader's killing - Aug 15, 2012
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Army stages flag march in Deganga - Sep 08, 2010
- Tripura journalists protest police baton assault - Jul 19, 2011
- Two Uttar Pradesh cops shot, weapons looted - Oct 13, 2011
- One killed, 41 injured in Tripura clash - Jul 11, 2011
- One dead in Bangladesh clash - Jan 30, 2012
- 19 injured in clash of students, police in Dhaka (Lead, correcting figure in headline) - Apr 13, 2011
- 7 injured in clash of students, police in Dhaka - Apr 13, 2011
- Three policemen run over by truck in Ghaziabad - Sep 21, 2012
- Escaping police check, two teenagers die in collision - Jun 02, 2011
- Gurrillas shoot dead two policemen in Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Punjab town tense after Sikh group-Dera followers clash - Mar 08, 2011