Six in fray for two Rajya Sabha seatsMarch 19th, 2012 - 6:45 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, March 19 (IANS) Six candidates, three independents and one each from the Congress, JVM-P and JMM, have filed their nomination for two Rajya Sabha seats from Jharkhand.
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has not fielded any candidate but is extending support to independent Ansuman Mishra. The three two independent candidates are R.K. Agrawal and Pawan Dhut.
The others who have filed their nomination are Pradeep Balmuchu of the Congress, Praveen Singh of the Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik and Sanjeev Kumar of the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha.
The two Rajya Sabha seats fell vacant after the terms of BJP’s S.S. Ahluwalia and Congress’ Mabel Rebello ended.
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha polls: Congress, JMM win, BJP loses - May 03, 2012
- BJP to back JMM candidates if it joins NDA - Apr 16, 2012
- Five in Jharkhand RS race after Mishra withdraws - Mar 22, 2012
- Ahuwalia files nomination for Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll - Apr 21, 2012
- Congress, JMM seek review of cancellation of RS poll - Mar 31, 2012
- BJP backtracks, votes for JMM candidate - Mar 30, 2012
- Hope BJP will support our Rajya Sabha candidate: JMM - Mar 26, 2012
- Rajya Sabha poll cancellation: Congress nominee moves court - Apr 03, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll underway, JVM-P stays away - May 03, 2012
- Banks, legislators' accounts under scanner in Jharkhand RS polls - Apr 09, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha polls: High court dismisses petition - Apr 05, 2012
- Jharkhand's ruling alliance to face each other in Hatia by-poll - May 23, 2012
- Outsiders dominate Jharkhand Rajya Sabha members - Jun 18, 2010
- Rs.2.15 crore seized ahead of Rajya Sabha poll - Mar 30, 2012
- Sad that Ahluwalia lost: BJP - May 03, 2012