Six hospitals under scanner for illegal Kidney racketJune 30th, 2008 - 7:25 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, June 30 (IANS) Six hospitals are suspected to be involved in the illegal kidney transplant racket busted in Madhya Pradesh’s Ujjain town two days ago, the police said Monday. Four people were arrested Friday when the police conducted search operations on the eve of President Pratibha Patil’s visit to the town
“The accused, Rajesh Sen and Dilip Chouhan, have revealed names of six hospitals in Tamil Nadu, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh where more than 15 kidneys - of people lured by them - have been transplanted,” police sources said.
The suspects would lure poor people admitted in government hospitals and take them to private hospitals on the pretext of getting them treated at a better place - and then take out their kidneys.
“Separate police teams would check each hospital’s record and find out whether the hospital managements were involved in the racket,” said Ujjain Police Superintendent Manmeet Singh Narang.
The police said the racketeers had admitted they took out and sold 15 kidneys, the last one of Rajesh, a restaurant worker.
Rajesh’s kidney was sold for Rs.60.000 and transplanted at Starlink Hospital in Ahmedabad.
- Kidney racket busted in Madhya Pradesh - Jun 28, 2008
- Two arrested for selling their kidneys in Madhya Pradesh - Jul 14, 2008
- Son of kidney racket accused commits suicide - Jun 28, 2008
- Court summons kidney scam kingpin from Jaipur - Jul 24, 2011
- Omar talks to Chouhan on Kashmiri student - Jan 22, 2012
- Kashmiri student out of danger (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Scheduled caste farmer burnt alive in Madhya Pradesh - Sep 22, 2011
- Israeli police arrest 10 for organ trafficking - May 26, 2012
- 25 students arrested for fake friendship club - May 14, 2011
- Congress legislator arrested in Ujjain for morphing picture - Feb 04, 2012
- Two held with opium worth Rs.7 crore - Jul 27, 2010
- Medical student's body exhumed in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 29, 2012
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- 22 injured as bus overturns in Madhya Pradesh - May 09, 2010
- Six drug peddlers arrested - Mar 29, 2011