Six Gujarat teachers get lifer for raping studentMarch 6th, 2009 - 11:14 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, March 6 (IANS) A special court here Friday sentenced six teachers to life for raping a 19-year-old student at a government college in north Gujarat last year.
Pronouncing the judgement, Additional Sessions Judge S.C. Srivastava imposed a fine of Rs.4,000 on each of the six teachers and asked them to pay Rs.10,000 each to the victim.
The six convicts are Kiran Patel, Ashwin Parmar, Suresh Patel, Manish Parmar, Mahendra Prajapati and Atul Patel.
The victim complained to her parents in Patan, about 150 km from here, that she was sexually exploited by the six teachers for several months before she gathered the courage to complain as she was being threatened with dire consequences. The matter came out in February last year.
- Students seeks protection for Patan rape victim - Jul 01, 2008
- Gujarat cop gets life term - Sep 10, 2010
- Lack of awareness hindering RTE implementation: Experts - Jul 07, 2011
- Niece raped by uncle in Delhi - Apr 20, 2012
- Goalposts moved in Dr Death's manslaughter trial - Mar 02, 2011
- England beat India by six wickets in Twenty20 - Sep 01, 2011
- CRPF man, brother held for rape - Feb 10, 2011
- Kiran Bedi should come clean, says Digvijay Singh - Oct 20, 2011
- Six professors charged in Mayapuri radiation case - Sep 02, 2011
- Two held for attempting to rape 11-year-old - Feb 01, 2011
- India opt to bat against New Zealand - Aug 23, 2012
- Three held in Gurgaon for college girl's gangrape - Jun 08, 2012
- Austaralia set India 261-run target - Mar 24, 2011
- India opt to bat in Twenty20 match - Sep 01, 2011
- Ashwin achieves career-best ranking, Sachin out of top 10 - Aug 27, 2012