Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 croreAugust 5th, 2011 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 5 (IANS) An international drug racket was busted with the arrest of six foreign nationals in the capital. Heroin worth over Rs.11 crore was recovered from them, an official said Friday.
“Four Nigerian and two Afghan nationals were arrested from different places on Thursday,” Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) director Ashok Juneja told IANS.
Acting on a tip-off, the NCB officers intercepted an Afghan national in south Delhi and recovered 4.4 kg of high-grade heroin. The drugs were to be supplied to a Nigerian gang.
Through the arrested man, the agency nabbed another Afghan national. “We recovered 5.85 kg of heroin from him,” said Juneja.
The arrested men told the agency that the heroin was trafficked through the India-Pakistan border via land and air route. “Passengers are offered money to carry drugs,” said Juneja.
A raid was also conducted at the premises of a Nigerian national in west Delhi. Four people were nabbed from there and 400 gm of heroin was seized.
The Nigerians used to smuggle the drugs to Canada, America and some European countries. “The seized heroin is of pure quality without any adulteration,” said Juneja.
- Three get 16-year jail for drug smuggling - Jul 30, 2011
- Two foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.3 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- Nigerian, Nepali aide held, heroin seized - Feb 19, 2011
- International drug cartel busted, 8 foreigners, 1 Indian held - Aug 25, 2010
- Hashish worth Rs.32 lakh seized, two held - Dec 27, 2010
- Drug dealer gets death penalty - Jan 29, 2012
- 36 foreign drug peddlers held this year - May 08, 2012
- Cocaine chronicles: Metros see steep rise in party drugs - Nov 09, 2011
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- Two held with 22 kg of heroin in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 17, 2010
- Sukhbir Badal asks centre to check drug smuggling - Sep 03, 2012
- International drug racket busted, three nabbed with 15 kg heroin (Lead) - Nov 27, 2009
- Two drug peddlers held with heroin worth over Rs.1 crore - Jan 29, 2011
- Three arrested, 61 kg hashish seized - Oct 04, 2010
- Drugs worth Rs.1 crore seized - Dec 17, 2010
Tags: adulteration, ashok, canada america, crore, different places, drug racket, european countries, foreign nationals, foreigners, heroin, india pakistan, juneja, narcotics control bureau, ncb, New Delhi, nigerians, pakistan border, south delhi, west delhi, worth rs