Six die in Pakistan suicide blastJuly 11th, 2011 - 3:46 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 11 (IANS) At least six people, including three policemen, were killed and 19 injured Monday in a suicide blast at a political gathering in Pakistan’s restive northwest, a media report said.
The deafening explosion took place when a suicide bomber blew himself up in front of a checkpost set up for the political gathering held by Pakistan Muslim League-Q, Xinhua reported citing a TV channel.
The massive blast happened when a provincial leader of Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid was about to address the gathering near a government building in Batgram district in the Swat Valley, some 120 km north of Pakistan’s capital Islamabad.
The injured were taken to hospital.
No group has as yet claimed the responsibility for the blast.
- Two blasts in Peshawar, three injured - Aug 11, 2011
- Pakistani politician escapes bid on life - Mar 03, 2012
- Rockets fired at Pakistani politician's house - Aug 20, 2012
- Five policemen among six killed in Peshawar blasts (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- 17 die in Pakistan suicide attack, prisoners flee jail (Lead) - Jul 09, 2010
- Pakistani politician survives suicide attack (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- One killed in Pakistan explosion - Jun 22, 2009
- Eight die in Pakistan suicide blast (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- Ready to give up presidency: Zardari - Jan 11, 2012
- Two policemen die, 12 hurt in Pakistan suicide bomb attack - Nov 01, 2010
- Taliban commander held in Pakistan - Apr 24, 2010
- Pakistan needs political stability: Gilani - Jun 09, 2011
- 20 dead in Pakistan suicide attack (Third Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Pakistani politician escapes bid on life (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Three killed in another blast in Pakistan - Jan 13, 2011