Six die in Madhya Pradesh as soil caves inJune 4th, 2009 - 9:08 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, June 4 (IANS) At least six people, including two women and two children, were killed in Madhya Pradesh in separate incidents of soil cave-ins, police said Thursday.
While two children were buried alive in Amarpur Bamhori village in Jabalpur district, two women labourers were killed when they came under a heap of soil in Gangiwara village in Chhindwara district. Two tribal labourers were also buried under the debris at an under construction well in Anjad in Badwani district.
“The mishap in Amarpur Bamhori occurred when Shyam Singh Gaur, 10, and Devi Singh Gaur, 8, who were playing near a drain, slipped into a six-feet deep ditch Wednesday evening. Simultaneously, the soil caved in burying them. The children died on the spot,” said sub-divisional officer Sanjay Jain.
In the second incident, Rajkumari, 30, and Mamta, 32, were killed when they came under a mound of soil that caved in at a construction site in Gangiwara village Thursday.
State Cooperatives Minister and district in-charge Gauri Shankar Bisen has announced a compensation of Rs.25,000 for the family members of each of the deceased.
In yet another incident, Sonu and Bhaiyu, died Thursday after they were buried under excavated soil at an under construction well at Anjad, police said.
- Child tying minister's shoe laces raises a stink (Second Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Four labourers buried under mound of earth in Haryana - May 17, 2012
- Seven killed in Rajasthan building collapses - Jun 05, 2012
- Five dead in Pakistan building collapse - Apr 13, 2012
- Three children, woman burnt to death in Bihar - Feb 11, 2011
- Child tying minister's shoe laces shameful: Kamal Nath - Jan 21, 2012
- Seventeen killed as truck overturns in Gujarat - Nov 02, 2010
- Squalls, hailstorm kill seven in Tripura - Apr 10, 2012
- Four killed in house collapses in Rajasthan - Sep 05, 2011
- Rains, Games blamed for collapse of Delhi's roads - Aug 29, 2010
- Seven killed as truck ploughs into Congress meeting - Feb 11, 2011
- Child asked to tie minister's shoe laces (Lead) - Jan 21, 2012
- Four labourers killed in Guwahati landslide - Mar 24, 2011
- Two labourers buried under mine debris - Apr 12, 2012
- Man trapped in Peru gold mine rescued - Apr 20, 2012