Six denied school admission, court issues noticeSeptember 9th, 2008 - 8:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 9 (IANS) Delhi High Court Tuesday sought a response from the Delhi government for allegedly denying admission to six students in various government schools.Justice Vipin Sanghi asked the government to file its reply by Sep 19 when the court would hear the plea of the students.
Six students - Mamta, Kiran, Reena, Pushpa, Niraj and Abhishek - had approached various schools for admission in different classes but they were allegedly denied admission by the schools.
Kiran, who wanted admission in Class 7, was denied admission as she had studied in Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh and the transfer certificate had not been countersigned by authorities there.
Niraj, Abhishek, Reena, Pushpa and Mamta failed to pass a subject in Class 10, but they cleared their compartment examination. Yet, they were denied admission to Class 11 in a government school located in north Delhi.
The students then moved the court, saying that the right to education was their fundamental right.
Advocate Ashok Agrawal, appearing for the students, contended that the school authorities and the education department were not justified in denying them admission and their decision was arbitrary, illegal, and unjust.
- Eight Delhi students win battle for school admission - Sep 22, 2008
- Court allows IPL cricketer to sit for exam - May 15, 2012
- Girl drags school to court on admission - Jul 25, 2011
- No child can be denied admission: Dikshit - Sep 30, 2011
- Class 9 student moves court after denial of admission - Jul 01, 2010
- Government's view sought on poor students' admission to KVs - Mar 10, 2012
- Parents oppose NDMC school admission policy in court - Mar 24, 2010
- Government school told to admit Class 9 student - Jul 24, 2010
- Court notice to Kendriya Vidyalayas on admitting poor students - Feb 09, 2012
- Two Delhi schools questioned on turning away girl of 7 - Jun 28, 2011
- Court notice to school on poor student's plea - Jun 02, 2012
- Explain denial of admission to girls, court asks schools - Jul 27, 2010
- Disabled student challenges IIT's rejection in court - Jun 25, 2012
- Court directs government to re-admit failed student - Jul 26, 2011
- West Bengal cabinet takes pro-learning decisions - Nov 04, 2011