Six dead in Philippine landslideSeptember 7th, 2008 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, Sep 7 (DPA) Six people were killed and seven reported missing when a landslide struck a mining village in the southern Philippines,
At least 13 homes were buried in the landslide in Masara village in Maco town, Compostella Valley province, 930 km south of Manila, Saturday.
Provincial social worker Josephine Frasco said three days of continuous heavy rains triggered the landslide.
Jovencio Angera, village council head in Masara, said six people were killed and seven others still missing in the landslide. He added that more than 100 people were left homeless by the accident.
In August last year, a landslide also struck Masara, killing 10 people.
- 27 bodies recovered in Philippines landslide - Jan 07, 2012
- 11 die in Philippines storm - Aug 08, 2012
- Six missing after landslide hits village in southeastern China - Apr 24, 2012
- Floods leave13 dead, 34 missing in China's Guangdong province - Sep 22, 2010
- 13 killed in China floods - Sep 22, 2010
- 15 killed in Philippine road accident - Aug 15, 2008
- 13 dead due to rains in China - Jul 22, 2012
- Avalanches in northeastern Afghanistan kill 44 - Mar 07, 2012
- Landslides bury hundreds of homes in eastern Uganda, killing at least 23 - Aug 29, 2011
- 17 dead, 44 missing in China landslides (Lead) - Jul 13, 2010
- 44 die in Philippine quake - Feb 06, 2012
- 25 killed as tropical storm hits Philippines - Jul 27, 2011
- Six dead, 18 missing after mud-rock flow hits village in northwest China - Jul 27, 2010
- Floods, landslides kill 40 in Philippines - Jan 12, 2011
- Powerful earthquake strikes the Philippines, killing at least 7 - Feb 06, 2012