Six dead in China landslideApril 14th, 2012 - 5:33 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 14 (IANS) At least six construction workers were killed Saturday when a part of a mountain came apart, causing a landslide and crushing a few work sheds where the people were working.
The incident occurred in Chongqing city, Xinhua reported.
A section of a mountain near Egongyan Bridge collapsed early morning and crushed nearby work sheds, killing the six people inside, a city government official said.
The victims were employees of a construction company and a lighting company.
- Two killed as train derails in US - Aug 22, 2012
- 5 killed in China bus accident - Jun 30, 2012
- Toxic fumes kill six in China tunnel - Dec 10, 2011
- 10 killed, 22 missing in China landslide - Sep 18, 2011
- 28 'punished' for China building collapse - Aug 27, 2012
- 15 die as rain, floods wreak havoc in China (Lead) - Jul 09, 2010
- 19 die in China lift crash - Sep 13, 2012
- 24 injured in China quake (Lead) - Jun 30, 2012
- Four dead in Beijing house collapse - May 05, 2012
- 35 injured, 64,500 affected in China quake (Second Lead) - Jul 01, 2012
- Four labourers killed in Guwahati landslide - Mar 24, 2011
- 17 killed, 188 injured in China hailstorm - Apr 18, 2011
- Eight killed in mine collapse in China - Jun 25, 2011
- Nine trapped in China building collapse - Jun 20, 2011
- Six die as water tank falls on China factory - May 11, 2011