Six cops summoned July 7 over Ramdev crackdown (Lead)June 11th, 2012 - 9:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 11 (IANS) Six policemen, named in a charge sheet filed in connection with last year’s crackdown on yoga guru Baba Ramdev and his followers at Ramlila Maidan here, have been summoned by a Delhi court July 7.
Metropolitan Magistrate Anil Kumar accepted the sets of charges filed by police and said: “I have perused the charge sheet and documents filed by the investigating officer. I hereby take cognizance of offence under section 336 (act endangering life or personal safety of others) of Indian Penal Code (IPC).”
The court in its June 4 order said: “Let accused persons named in the charge sheet be summoned through investigating officer for July 7.”
Additional Commissioner of Police Devesh Chandra Srivastava Monday said the six police personnel chargesheeted were Sub-Inspector Sushil Kumar, Head Constable Vijender and Constables Ravi, Dinesh, Tejinder and Krishan Pal.
A police official told IANS that 11 Ramdev supporters were also named in the charge sheet for the offence of endangering life.
He added that 10 out of the 11 accused, most of them members of Ramdev’s party Bharat Swabhiman, were arrested after the incident.
Police told the court that investigations were going on for the identification of other people involved in the case.
The charge sheet was filed after the Supreme Court Feb 23 directed police to take action against its erring officials and Ramdev supporters who contributed to the violence and destruction of public property.
The apex court come down on the police for the post-midnight crackdown on Ramdev and his followers June 4 last year which resulted in the death of a woman but said the yoga guru was also guilty “of contributory negligence”.
- Six cops summoned July 7 over Ramdev crackdown - Jun 11, 2012
- Ramlila crackdown accused appear in court - Jul 07, 2012
- Swabhiman Trust asked to respond to Delhi cops' view - Jun 20, 2011
- Ramdev responsible for crackdown: Delhi Police - Nov 25, 2011
- Swabhiman Trust asked to respond to Delhi cops' view (Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
- Ramdev to meet president - Aug 17, 2011
- Supreme Court relief for Chidambaram on Ramdev crackdown - Jul 25, 2011
- Ramdev wants independent probe into police crackdown - Jul 08, 2011
- Ramdev himself responsible for crackdown: Delhi Police (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Ramdev was asked to leave, started protesting: Delhi Police (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Ramdev backs Hazare against allegations - Aug 14, 2011
- Didn't baton-charge Ramdev supporters: Delhi Police - Jun 17, 2011
- Ramdev supporters to continue protests against graft - Jun 12, 2011
- Ramdev asks president to intervene in Anna saga (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Sonia meeting Congress leaders at 10, Janpath - Jun 05, 2011