Six cops injured in mob attack in RajasthanAugust 8th, 2012 - 10:54 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Aug 8 (IANS) Two vehicles were set on fire and at least six policemen were injured in a mob attack in Rajasthan’s Alwar town during an anti-encroachment drive Wednesday, police said.
According to police, the incident took place in Shivaji Park area of the town, some 150 km from Jaipur.
“A team from the local municipality office had gone to remove encroachments from two residential colonies. A crowd of about 1,000 people gathered on the spot in protest the anti-encroachment drive,” a police officer told IANS.
The protestors first shouted slogans and then attacked the officials with stones. At least six policemen sustained injuries. The crowd set two police vehicles on fire, said the officer.
- Villagers clash with police in Noida - Sep 10, 2012
- Six injured in clash between locals and cops in Bikaner - Mar 19, 2012
- Two injured in police firing - Mar 19, 2011
- Violence breaks out Bhopal demolition drive, dozens injured (Lead) - May 21, 2011
- One killed in violent anti-demolition protests in Ranchi (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- Lucknow anti-encroachment drive protest turns violent - May 07, 2011
- Curfew imposed in Dhanbad after clash during anti-encroachment drive - Apr 28, 2011
- Union minister on protest arrested in Jharkhand - Apr 05, 2011
- Anti-encroachment drive in Bhopal sparks violence - May 21, 2011
- Mob attacks, torches police station in Bihar - Oct 15, 2011
- 20 injured as mob goes on rampage in Assam city - Jun 22, 2011
- Three died in mob violence in Guwahati (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Police baton-charge mob in Varanasi - May 16, 2010
- Encroachers clash with police in Noida (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
- Congress shutdown paralyses life in Odisha (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012