Six burnt alive in Andhra communal violenceOctober 12th, 2008 - 5:09 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Oct 12 (IANS) Six members of a family, including three children, were burnt alive in the early hours of Sunday in a fresh communal flare-up in Andhra Pradesh’s Adilabad district.Unidentified people set afire a house, killing all six inmates. The attack took place at Vatoli village near Bhainsa town, where four people were killed in communal violence Friday.
Police said though the situation in Bhainsa town, 275 km from here, remained peaceful, miscreants attacked and set fire to a house in a village near the town. They also torched two shops.
The incident triggered fresh tension in Bhainsa, which remained under curfew. Tension also prevailed in Nirmal and Adilabad towns as police have imposed prohibitory orders.
Taking a serious note of the incident, Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy asked district police to be on high alert and prevent the spread of violence.
State Home minister K. Jana Reddy is headed for Vatoli village. He told reporters here that police had intensified patrolling in the area.
Adilabad District Collector Ahmed Nadeem has ordered a magisterial inquiry into the incident.
Meanwhile, curfew continued in Bhainsa town where four people were killed in communal violence Friday. The riots broke out during the immersion of Durga idols and rampaging mobs set fire to 40 shops and dozens of vehicles.
- Six burnt alive in Andhra Pradesh; CBI probe ordered (Lead) - Oct 12, 2008
- Andhra town tense after communal violence (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Post-communal violence, Andhra town, district remain tense - Oct 13, 2008
- Curfew in Andhra town after communal violence - Oct 11, 2008
- Mathura tense, two dead - Jun 02, 2012
- Minorities commission to submit report on Adilabad riots - Oct 22, 2008
- Curfew imposed in Andhra town - Mar 30, 2012
- Curfew continues in riot-hit old Hyderabad (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Assam violence: Army stages flag march, Chirang district tense (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Curfew partially lifted in Bareilly - Jul 25, 2012
- Curfew continues in Gurdaspur, Badal orders probe - Mar 30, 2012
- Curfew imposed in old Hyderabad (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Two lawyers killed in Uttar Pradesh clash - Sep 03, 2011
- Mathura communal clashes kill one (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Assam bandh turns violent, one killed - Aug 28, 2012