Six buried alive in Uttar PradeshMay 17th, 2012 - 10:28 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 17 (IANS) Six people, including three women and two children, involved in digging were Thursday buried alive under a mound of earth in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
Four other people were injured in the incident that took place in Fatehpur, 135 km from here.
Angry at the delay in rescue operations, hundreds of villagers blocked the Amausi road for more than an hour, after which police used force to disperse the crowds.
Police have registered a case of negligence against the contractor and the junior engineer who were supervising the work at the digging site.
- Six girls killed in Uttar Pradesh mishap - May 13, 2010
- Five die as mud mound caves in - Oct 28, 2010
- Five fatally buried under a mound of earth in U.P. village - May 13, 2010
- 20 dead in Howrah-Kalka Express derailment - Jul 10, 2011
- Protesters in UP torch vehicles, attack police - Jul 16, 2012
- Six students killed in UP school roof collapse - Jul 27, 2012
- Ten killed in Delhi factory fire, Dikshit orders probe (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Akhilesh Yadav arrested in Lucknow - Mar 09, 2011
- 11 workers electrocuted in Uttar Pradesh (Second Lead) - Aug 31, 2010
- Dacoits kill five of family in UP - Aug 10, 2012
- Ten killed in Delhi factory fire, Dikshit orders probe (Third Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- IPS officers reshuffled in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 20, 2012
- Police cane charge violent medics in UP - Sep 04, 2012
- Six security personnel killed in Manipur mudslide - Jul 06, 2011
- 15 trains cancelled after Uttar Pradesh accident - Jul 11, 2011