Six arrested for robbery in DelhiJune 16th, 2012 - 11:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 16 (IANS) A woman employee and her husband were among six people arrested for looting the home of a lawyer here, police said Saturday.
Police received a call Thursday that five armed robbers had looted the residence of lawyer C.S. Aggarwal in central Delhi’s Rajinder Nagar area after locking him and his wife in a room.
“During the investigation, 32-year-old Joginder Kaur, who was a receptionist at Aggarwal’s home office, gave contradictory statements, arousing suspicion,” a police official said.
“On continued interrogation, Kaur disclosed that she was in bad financial shape due to her mother’s poor health and hence planned the robbery with her husband Tajinder Singh,” the official said.
According to their plan, Kaur let her husband and his four associates into the basement of the home before leaving Thursday.
Finding an opportune moment, the men rounded up Aggarwal and his wife and locked them in a room before making away with Rs.one lakh cash, some jewellery and other valuables.
Kaur’s statement led to the arrests of her husband Tajinder Singh, 34, and his accomplices Harvinder Singh, 35, Puneet Urao, 30, Manoj Urao, 35 and Ranjeet Urao, 20, Friday. Most of the looted valuables have been recovered.
- Elderly woman found dead in her Delhi flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Cop kills woman, her daughter, self - Jun 07, 2010
- Estranged wife, paramour held for murdering Delhi businessman (Lead) - Jul 10, 2009
- Pawar attacker in police lock-up - Nov 24, 2011
- Couple arrested for killing elderly woman - Jul 22, 2010
- Four of family bludgeoned to death in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 13, 2011
- Cop, family in CBI net for accepting bribe - Mar 28, 2011
- Woman disappears from near metro station - Nov 28, 2011
- Woman held for murder of elderly lady - Mar 09, 2010
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011
- Old woman robbed, murdered - Jul 30, 2011
- Woman sets herself, daughter on fire - Dec 31, 2011
- With bitterness and longing - remembering victims of 1984 - Oct 31, 2011
- Bangladeshi man kills self after seeing wife's body - Mar 10, 2012
- Alexandra Aitken's devout Sikh husband used to be party animal like her - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: accomplices, aggarwal, armed robbers, central delhi, contradictory statements, financial shape, interrogation, jewellery, joginder, kaur, lakh, New Delhi, opportune moment, police official, poor health, ranjeet, receptionist, robbery, rs one, valuables