Six arrested for leaking Class 10 paperFebruary 22nd, 2012 - 2:41 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 22 (IANS) Six people were arrested Wednesday for leaking the Class 10 English examination question paper in Bihar, officials said.Hours before the first day of the examination, the paper got leaked in a dozen districts.
Police arrested four people in Hajipur in Vaishali district and one each in Munger and Nalanda districts over the leak.
As news of the leak spread, hundreds of students in different centres staged protests and demanded the cancellation of the exam. The authorities did not accept the demand.
The Bihar School Examination Board said it will investigate the incident.
The leak came to light when the media got hold of a few question papers that were sold for Rs.500 to Rs.5,000 a piece and brought it to the notice of officials Wednesday, police said.
According to the board, over one million students across Bihar appeared for the Class 10 exams Wednesday.
Last week question papers for the Secondary Teachers Eligibility Test (STET) were leaked and 36 people were arrested.
Early this month question papers of the Navodaya Vidyalay entrance test for Class 6 were leaked in Munger district.
- 36 arrested for leaking exam papers in Bihar - Feb 17, 2012
- Kidnapped student rescued, three held (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Chhattisgarh medical exam cancelled, 78 held for paper leak - Jun 19, 2011
- 400 students caught cheating, expelled - Feb 24, 2012
- Girls sweep Bihar madrassa board results - Jun 02, 2011
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Inter state gang behind question paper leak: Police - May 02, 2011
- High Court refuses to stay engineering exam results - May 18, 2011
- AIEEE paper leak: CBSE issued notice - May 05, 2011
- AIIMS exam racket busted, five arrested (Second Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- Delhi High Court urged to let all reappear at AIEEE - May 05, 2011
- Students tense as CBSE exams begin - Mar 01, 2011
- AIEEE exam held after three hour delay (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Horrible week for Karnataka students: Girl made to beg, two dead - Mar 28, 2012
- Class 12 English paper cancelled in Haryana - Mar 10, 2010