Situation returning to normalcy in Jammu and Kashmir: CongressAugust 22nd, 2008 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 22 (IANS) The troubled situation in Jammu and Kashmir over the Amarnath land row is returning to normalcy and trucks have started plying from the Kashmir Valley to the rest of the country via Jammu, the Congress said Friday.”We appreciate the efforts of the society and government in bringing back the situation to normalcy in the state. The Valley has resumed trade with the rest of the country,” Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed told reporters.
“In the last four days, over 2,700 trucks carrying essential items, including medicines have reached the Valley and the same number carrying fruits have left for rest of the country via Jammu,” Ahmed said.
Jammu and Kashmir has been facing a crisis for the last two and a half months with numerous protests and shutdowns over the issue of land transfer to the Amarnath shrine board.
Blaming the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) for the situation, Ahmed said: “The BJP is trying to divide the country along communal lines.”
On the Tata Group’s threat to move its car factory site out of West Bengal, Ahmed said: “It is unfortunate that because of the West Bengal government’s poor policy, the farmers are on a warring path in Singur. The Nano car should come out as it is a dream car of the common man.”
- Nandigram, Singur could be Left's undoing, say experts - May 09, 2011
- Jammu, Kashmir lock horns over Amarnath infrastructure - Aug 23, 2012
- National Conference accuses BJP of arousing communal passions - Jan 21, 2011
- Congress downplays Omar Abdullah's remarks - Oct 08, 2010
- No more forced land acquisition, says Buddhadeb - Mar 27, 2011
- BJP parliamentary delegation to visit Jammu and Kashmir - Apr 09, 2011
- One-way traffic from Jammu to Srinagar Monday - Jan 23, 2012
- Chidambaram steps out to interact with Kashmiris, tourists (Roundup) - Jun 21, 2011
- Singur verdict people's victory: Mamata - Sep 28, 2011
- Srinagar-Jammu highway open for one-way traffic - Jan 22, 2012
- UPA has run out of ideas on Kashmir, says BJP - Dec 23, 2010
- Some day Tata Motors will have plant in Bengal: Ratan Tata (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Chidambaram to visit Jammu and Kashmir on Feb 3 - Jan 31, 2011
- Oil tanker body suspends fuel supply to Kashmir - Jun 30, 2010
- Court scraps Singur land law, Mamata suffers setback (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012