Singhvi CD issue his private affair, says KhurshidApril 24th, 2012 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 24 (IANS) Law Minister Salman Khurshid Tuesday said the controversial CD allegedly featuring Congress MP Abhishek Manu Singhvi is his private affair.
“You cannot treat everything in the same manner… parliament must be concerned about procedure and issues and when it comes to private lives of people, I think it should be handled in a different manner,” Khurshid told reporters outside parliament.
Relying to a question on the Congress party raising a hue and cry when BJP legislators in Gujarat and Karnataka were allegedly caught on camera watching porn in the house, Khurshid said: “There is no private life when you are sitting inside the assembly.”
Singhvi Monday quit as party spokesperson and as head of the parliamentary panel on law and justice in the wake of a controversial CD allegedly featuring him. The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has sought an explanation from him on quitting as chairman of the committee.
- Singhvi stays away from parliament (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Singhvi should explain his resignation in parliament: BJP - Apr 23, 2012
- CD row: Singhvi quits party, parliamentary posts (Roundup) - Apr 23, 2012
- Sensationalism, says Singhvi as CD goes viral on web - Apr 21, 2012
- Singhvi blames 'organised gang' as CD goes viral on web (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Singhvi blames organised gang as CD goes viral on internet (Second Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Singhvi stays away from parliament - Apr 24, 2012
- Officials turned into BSP spokespersons, complains Congress - Jan 17, 2012
- Singhvi quits as Congress spokesperson, parliamentary panel chief (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Singhvi seeks leave for rest of budget session - May 04, 2012
- Congress keeps away from Singhvi CD controversy - Apr 18, 2012
- Khurshid did not violate model code: Congress tells poll panel - Jan 20, 2012
- Poll panel censures Khurshid for quota announcement (Second Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Confident of passing Lokpal bill: Khurshid - Dec 22, 2011
- Lokpal bill a war against corruption: Congress - Dec 22, 2011
Tags: abhishek, april 24, bjp, congress party, gujarat, hue and cry, karnataka, khurshid, law and justice, law minister, legislators, manu, New Delhi, parliament, parliamentary panel, party spokesperson, private affair, private life, private lives, salman