‘Singhvi CD issue has harmed legal profession’April 23rd, 2012 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) The Bar Council of Delhi Monday said that the sleaze CD controversy surrounding lawyer and Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi has lowered the dignity of the legal profession. Singhvi maintains that the CD’s contents were fabricated and morphed.
Rajiv Khosla, member of the Bar Council of Delhi and former president of the Delhi Bar Association, said: “Such incidents cause a great damage to the whole legal institution and cannot be taken as an isolated incident concerning only an individual.”
The bar council is going to hold a meeting on this issue May 1.
“The lawyers of Delhi, therefore, are interested to get the truth unfolded so that it should be known to everyone as to why the driver of an advocate stoop so low to make a dirty CD,” said Khosla.
- CD row: Singhvi quits party, parliamentary posts (Roundup) - Apr 23, 2012
- Singhvi blames 'organised gang' as CD goes viral on web (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Singhvi blames organised gang as CD goes viral on internet (Second Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Sensationalism, says Singhvi as CD goes viral on web - Apr 21, 2012
- Court dismisses plea for probe into Singhvi CD - Apr 25, 2012
- Media houses restrained from publishing Singhvi CD - Apr 16, 2012
- Court restrains airing of CD 'featuring' Singhvi - Apr 19, 2012
- Congress keeps away from Singhvi CD controversy - Apr 18, 2012
- Singhvi stays away from parliament - Apr 24, 2012
- Singhvi stays away from parliament (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Delhi's lower court lawyers to strike work Jan 20 - Jan 19, 2012
- Singhvi seeks leave for rest of budget session - May 04, 2012
- Lawyers strike work in Delhi courts - Mar 24, 2011
- Singhvi quits as Congress spokesperson, parliamentary panel chief (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Lawyers' protest paralyses Delhi courts - Apr 07, 2012