Singers Shaan, KK shine in ‘Hijack’ (Music Review)August 23rd, 2008 - 9:26 am ICT by IANS
Film: “Hijack”; Music Director: Justin-Uday; Singers: KK, Shaan, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shilpa Rao, Suraj Jagan, Uday, Joi; Rating: ** and 1/2An action-packed thriller, “Hijack” has a music album that only adheres to the genre. Debutant composers - Justin and Uday - have put together eight songs for the movie and some of the tracks will take time to grow on the listeners.
KK croons “Aksar”, which relies heavily on the support of the guitar. So while we have KK rendering his versatile voice for a romantic, likeable track, we also get the bankable guitar strumming away to add to the music. Kumaar’s lyrics are average.
The unplugged version is better than the original owing primarily to Shaan who does his work a notch better than KK. The music is also kept subtle so as to cater to the needs of this particular version.
“Dekh dekh” follows with Sunidhi Chauhan, Suraj Jagan and Joi at the helm of the vocals. With Sunidhi as part of the team, the track is high on rhythm and beats. The song has been given a techno touch with great use of the drums. Though it’s an enjoyable piece, it isn’t worth a download.
KK returns for “Koi na jaane”, which has a theme completely different from the previous tracks. While Shilpa Rao begins this number with her enthralling voice, KK ends the song.
The “Hijack Theme” surprises one and all. While one expects it to be quite subtle owing to its genre, the track rendered by Suraj Jagan and Uday is a hard rock piece.
High on energy and beats, the piece encompasses a lot of drums and guitar. Finally, what you get is a rollicking number that would add to the thrills of the movie.
All in all, the music of “Hijack” is quite average, though some tracks have the potential to hit the right chords.
- Lack of freshness in 'Always Kabhi Kabhi' album (IANS Music Review) - May 22, 2011
- Rustic flavour in 'Ishaqzaade' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Apr 15, 2012
- Nothing extraordinary about 'Tum Milo...' music (IANS Music Review) - Mar 14, 2010
- 'Neethaane En Ponvasantham' perfect rendition of melody, trance (Tamil Film Music Review) - Sep 06, 2012
- Listen to decade's best romantic songs this Valentines' Day - Feb 10, 2010
- Light, feel good music in 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara'(IANS Music Review) - Jun 14, 2011
- Shortcomings abound, 'Tezz' soundtrack still leaves a mark (IANS Music Review) - Apr 22, 2012
- 'Naina lagey' stands out in 'Soundtrack' music (IANS Music Review) - Aug 29, 2011
- 'Student of the Year' songs peppy, likeable (IANS Music Review) - Sep 10, 2012
- 'Sikandar' music a mix of various influences (IANS Music Review) - Mar 10, 2009
- Varied musical genres in sensual 'Jism 2' (IANS Music Review) - Jul 14, 2012
- 'Yeh Saali Zindagi' album is dull (IANS Music Review) - Jan 22, 2011
- 'Paa' offers simple yet delightful music (IANS Music Review) - Nov 17, 2009
- Bollywood swayed to retro beats this year (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 19, 2010
- 'Man lafanga' will enchant you in 'Lafangey Parindey' album (IANS Music Review) - Jul 23, 2010